3 YEARS ( 6 Semesters) DIPLOMA IN CIVIL ENGINEERING :
The aim of Diploma Course in Civil Engineering at K.L.E. Society's Polytechnic, Mahanlingpur is to train the individual for their outstanding career in global world towards the infrastructure development.
"Housing is an important indicator of the level of country's Social Progress. Besides food and clothing man's next basic need is shelter. Shelter - he requires for protecting himself against natural Calamities. From the caves - his early - abode down to the modern sophisticated Air - conditioned houses today, shows mans progress and advances in various fields".
Civil Engineering is involved in every share of infrastructure development. It has long tradition of excellence. Its alumni have made everlasting contribution to the development of the state and the nation through their gained knowledge
This course enables to develop students in core competency areas of ,
- Structural Engineering.
- Surveying - Comprising of latest equipments like Total Station, GIS etc.
- Modern techniques in Construction Technology.
- Environmental Engineering and Pollution.
- Irrigation structures.
- Infrastructure development .
The department has well equipped laboratories and other supporting
infrastructure that is constantly upgraded to adapt to the changing
After completion of the course students have the options to continue their U.G
education by taking the admission directly to 3rd semester.
- Can practice with Consulting Engineers, Builders, Architects, Structural Engineers, Government & Semi - Government sectors.
- Self employment, Register themselves as contractors, Valuers and Consulting Engineers.
- Supporting Staff in various technical educational institutes.