3 YEARS ( 6 Semesters) DIPLOMA IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING : ESTD - 2008
The aim of Diploma Course in Mechanical Engineering at KLE Polytechnic,
Mahalingapur is to mould the students for professional practice, in an era of
rapidly advancing interdisciplinary technology.
The course builds on core curriculum to combine individual depth of
experience competence, in Mechanical Engineering, with excellent
background in all related subjects.
It strikes a balance between classroom, lecture, laboratory and design
and lays stress on floor level problem solving skills, which is
essential for any branch.
The course ensures to develop in each student: self-reliance,
creativity, leadership, business and moral ethics and continuing
education and motivation.
This course enables to develop students in core competency areas of,
- Thermal Engineering.
- Fluid Mechanics and Pneumatics.
- Mechanisms, Machine Design.
- Mechanical Engineering Science.
- Power Plants
- Mechatronics, PLC Systems, CNC, Robotics.
- Computer Science Applications, CAD, Solid Modeling etc.
This Programme also emphasizes on Information Search, Analysis and Presentation (ISAP), Project Design and Fabrication.
Mechanical Engineering is a field of broad prospects. All manufacturing
industries are based on Mechanical Engineering. The advancement in
Technologies have created a very good future for Mechanical Engineers.
The Department is well equipped with all machines, engines, computer lab
and independent CAD center. The students are given knowledge and hands
on experience on various machines and equipments. This knowledge and
training imparted, enables the students to get placements in National
and Multinational companies, in the Campus Interviews.
On completion of 3 year diploma in Mechanical Engineering, the student has following opportunities;
- Self-Employment opportunities like setting up a Automobile Dealership/Service Stations,
Automobile consultancy, Auto Ancillary Industries etc.
- Self-employment opportunities like setting up a small scale industry, ancillary units, automobile service stations, etc.
- Job opportunities in National & Multinational companies; Merchant Navy, Shipping Companies; Petrochemical industries.
- Employment opportunities in Government sectors like KSRTC, RTO, Railway Workshop, Armed Forces, etc.
- Can continue higher education like BBA, BE (3rd sem), AMIE etc.